Re: Infrared Film Spectral Response

  • From: Joshua_Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Infrared Film Spectral Response
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have one of the Sony Nightshot video cameras that works with IR
filters, and it does indeed work well beyond the cutoff of an 87C.
I had some 87A polyester filter material that I'd tried with HIE,
but gave up on because it produced such long exposures.  The Sony
sees through it just fine.

I keep intending to set up a prism in sunlight to measure the
spectrum that the Sony can see, but somehow I never get around to
it.

While I first got the Nightshot camera for previewing landscapes
in IR before using up film, I've since found it handy for
spotting early diseases in my apple trees and rose bushes, too.

--

 Josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx  is  Joshua Putnam / P.O. Box 13220 / Burton, WA 98013
                       "My other bike is a car."