Re: Hassy XPan

  • From: "Willem-Jan Markerink" <w.j.markerink@xxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Hassy XPan
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:59:48 +0100

On  4 Oct 99 at 21:21, Rolland Elliott wrote:

>Hello Gang,
>I've read a few posts regarding the Hasselblad XPAN Panoramic camera and
>how it is no usable for IR usage because it fogs the film into the image area
>because it uses IR sensors to advance the film.  I was wondering if anyone
>has tried taping a few layers of very dark gelatins say an 89A (equivalent
>to a Scotch RG 1000) over the sensors to cut down the IR emission enough to
>solve this problem.  It looks like a really cool camera, but if I can't
>shoot IR in it, there's no sense in buying it. Thanks Rolland Elliott

You make an error here: the LED that is used for this application is
already invisible IR, otherwise it would fog normal films too.
And since #89B mostly affects/blocks the visible range (leaving IR
unaffected), there won't be any gain at all....because there was no
visible radiation to begin with....8-))

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink