Re: EI Question

What does lightning show up as in an IR print?  are their any example around
I suppose that the photons emitted from the ionized plasma of O2 and N2 (ok I
know we can't speak of molecules in a plasma, but that is what starts it off)
anyway, their work functions are way into the UV, so the light emitted should
not be seen on an IR film.  I suppose that their should be a big thermal
excitation of the molecules due to the kinetic energy of them rushing back
into the vacuum created by the plasma, or perhaps their is direct heating of
the gas by the plasma?
anyone have any pictures?
george