perforations on Aerographic

  • From: Joshua_Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: perforations on Aerographic
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:16:02 -0800 (PST)

"Willem-Jan Markerink" <w.j.markerink@xxxxx> writes:

>Btw, yesterday I also learned that 70mm and 9.5" were not the only
>sizes of bulk rolls....5" was also listed in 1993....

>Btw2: sprocket holes are probably the same as for 35mm....they are
>for 70mm....:-))

If anybody happens to have a more current copy of Publication
L-9, Kodak's _Professional Photographic Catalog_, it lists the
various formats available both as factory-stocked items and as
standard special order items.  It also includes specifications
for film rolls, including perforation.

There are two sizes of 5" Infrared Aerographic.  They list it in
spec. 991 and spec. 883, neither of which is listed as being
perforated.  991 is a 150 foot roll on an S-33 spool.  883 is
350 feet on an S-238 spool.

Aerochrome Infrared is also listed in 5" rolls, also not a
factory stocked item, in specifications 991, 883, and 898.
898 is perforated, 300 feet.

5" wide and no perforations sure sounds like a good starting
point for 4x5" sheets to me.  It's listed as using a 4-mil Estar
base, the same as HIE.

I have no idea what the minimum orders are for any of these, or
how long it takes to get non-factory-stocked films.  But at least
as of 1993, there was enough of a market that Kodak still had the
5" sizes in their catalog.

--
 Josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx  is  Joshua Putnam / P.O. Box 13220 / Burton, WA 98013
                       "My other bike is a car."