Re: Doh! Opened infrared roll for 1 second in light

  • From: ZmanPhotog@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Doh! Opened infrared roll for 1 second in light
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:14:55 EST

I had an inspector at an airport look at my film for several seconds and got
no fog.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Zman

In a message dated 11/22/99 7:20:44 PM, brianfulgham@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I was spacing out when I was about to load my Kodak high speed infrared.
had the room all set to be dark, towel under the space in the door, doors
closed. went to turn out the light but first opened the canister holding the
film (out of habit with normal 35mm) realized this as I was opening it, and
quickly closed it (exposed for about 1 second to light). DUH!  Do you think
It will be ruined? I guess I will know in 2 days when it comes back, but
wanted to hear if anyone else has done this and if it caused problems to the
whole roll or just some of the images.  I guess it will be a good experiment
either way.  I'll let you know.

At least its not as bad when I turned on a light with a box of 100 sheets of
Ilford Pearl wide open.  (Only ruined the edges of about 25 of them) >>