Re: Globuscope 360 camera

  • From: IAPPPresident@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Globuscope 360 camera
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:52:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Katherine,

I've got a couple Globuscopes and have worked with them on and off since
1988.  If you take some time to learn to work with it, the Globuscope can
produce images good for website use.  It is a fussy eater and prefers Kodak
films; other films get chewed up and spit out.  I have had some images
enlarged, but they usually don't enlarge past about 10" tall.  It's indeed
readily portable and easy to use.  I've even put on two lifejackets and
photographed while floating down a river.  If you want level horizons,
though, you're better off with a tripod or at least a monopod.

The person currently most familiar with the Globuscope (and a dealer for them
as well) is Everen Brown in Salt Lake City, Utah.  You can reach him via
e-mail at etbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx or call him at 801-364-2642 and check his
website at www.everent.com.  Everen has also put together a Globuscope
training video (very useful, as the camera is somewhat ideosyncratic)  which
is only available if you purchase the camera from him.

For anything beyond web-use or over 10" tall prints, you should explore other
options.  To check out other cameras, check the appropriate part of the IAPP
Website at panphoto.com.

Liz Hymans
President, International Association of Panoramic Photographers

In a message dated 6/30/00 4:01:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, enos@xxxxxxxxxxx