Re: epson printer

  • From: Stan Patz <skp113@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: epson printer
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:53:15 +0000 (GMT)

>I was just about persuaded to buy a 1270 or 870 when I heard of severe ink
>stability problems with glossy papers.  Don't know if the problem was with
>Epson paper.

Dear Gary,

I am just becoming aware of the cyan ink problems of the Epson 1270 (thanks,
Glenn Barry). The prints from this machine are wonderful and the colors
appear to be more stable than the the output from my worn-out Stylus
Color(which became the 700?).

Despite all the brave talk about archival stability from manufacturers and
3rd party suppliers, no low end digital print is going to last like a toned
BW (wet) print.

Avoid the glossy paper and display your prints under glass. That seems to be
the solution until a different system comes along. The Epson 2000P? (P is
for pigment based inks.)

Stan Patz   NYC

SKP113@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.PatzImaging.com