Re: Question on Noblex Panorama

  • From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Question on Noblex Panorama
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:02:12 -0400 (EDT)

One answer about flash was partially true. With conventional
flash or flash bulbs the duel-time is too short to produce
a proper exposure for the entire frame. But long-duration
flashbulbs, which have a duel-time of a few seconds would
work if the turning time is within the duel-time. These
large flashbulbs were made and sold by Sylvania for use
with high-speed cameras which exposed 100 ft. of 35mm film
in just a few seconds. I don't know if the bulbs are still
manufactured, but I have about 100 of them for future
use. Twenty odd years ago I asked a friend at Sylvania to
send me a sleeve (10 or 12 bulbs). He made a mistake and
sent me a case. Ed