Re: Macbeth Color Checker

  • From: George Pearl <alps007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Macbeth Color Checker
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 01:09:58 -0400

Hello troops...
   I was just thinking, why don't you just make a "Morton" color checker just like I have made a "Pearl" color checker? Everything is relative you know. As long as you have your original color checker colors to compare, it could be anything! Hell, I was desperate once, and even used a picture of my Mother-in Law as the color checker!!
It worked just fine.
    The worst color checker job I once had was to shoot a picture of a boy's good eye to send the picture off to have a false eye to match it be made. They matched perfectly! Just make your own if you are the user. If you have to send the pictures off to someone else, you can make a master color checker that you keep in your studio, then make color photo copies of the master. Use the photo copies to insert in the picture, and send the photo copy of "your" checker along with the picture for reference. It works for me, and I spend very little that way. Good luck.
My best
George S. Pearl, BCQDE, BCEP, FEPIC, QPP
ALPS - Evidence & Photo
2139 Liddell Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324-4132

Tel: 404/872-2577
National: 1-800-USE-ALPS
Fax: 404/872-0548
Home: 404/634-1139
Cell: 404/771-9121
ALPS Website: "http://www.ALPSLABS.com"
Atlanta Panorama is a division of ALPS...
"http://www.AtlantaPanorama.com"