Re: finders - hacking solutions anyone?

  • From: simon nathan <simonwide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: finders - hacking solutions anyone?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:08:31 +0000

do you know an elephant is? it's a mouse built to govt specifications. simon nathan

Les Newcomer wrote:

I would think a simple protractor would suffice.
A. Locate the rear peep sight, pin, etc.
B. Drop a drugstore protractor with the vertex at the pin
C. mark the dimensions for the angle of view for your particular
camerera/lens

The marks are where the verticals should be. Since distance between the two
marks will probably not be the same as the film, the distance between  the
horizontal parts of the wire will have to be adjusted in accordance with the
aspect ratio.