Re: slit width experiments

  • From: Bill Glickman <bglick@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: slit width experiments
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 23:16:23 -0700

Ron

     Why would reducing the slit size cause banding?  Less light =  slower
rotation = less of a problem with banding?   Is this being used at auto
exposure or manual?

      With the 220 VR banding is more common at very high speeds, 1/250 th,
or when using auto exposure...the drastic slowing and speeding of the motor
can cause this......Is this a mechanical problem unique to cirkuits?   Have
you found an optimal slit size for sharpness, or is it simply the smaller
the sharper?

Bill G