Chinese medium format swing lens camera

  • From: Stan Patz <skp113@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Chinese medium format swing lens camera
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 00:39:26 +0000 (GMT)

>I'm keen to find out more about these two, do you have anymore info?
>Clayton
>
> > - something not mentioned anywhere thusfar (I've kept a bit silent
> > to see whether *anyone* had noticed....Edward Meyers, did
> > you?....;)) : the Chinese are making a medium format swing lens
> > camera, 50x110mm, 50mm lens, 1/250, 1/60 and 1/2s, no shift, but
> > focus + multiexposure, and a viewfinder/spirit-level a la Horizon
> > 202 (that on itself is worth the purchase)....and to topp it off,
> > there are plans to make a 35mm adaptor, IOW, a 24x110mm image....

To the group,

I saw this Chinese panoramic camera at a recent NYC camrea show. It is just
like a scaled up Horizon. There is a little grab bar at the lens slit; you
"cock" the lens by dragging/rotating the drum 180* from one side to the
other. It was $1000US and I liked the look of it. But, as I remember, it
only had two shutter speeds, 1/125 and 1/60, a real turn off!

If I see the camera again, I will make notes and report.

Stan Patz   NYC

SKP113@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.PatzImaging.com