RE: Horseman 612 RFH

  • From: "M. Denis Hill" <denis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Horseman 612 RFH
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 21:44:12 -0700

You'll find a photo of an Art Panorama 617 at
http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/panoramic.htm#Label06, as well as UK prices.
This 120 roll film camera has a lens board and bellows with screw focusing.
Usually seen with cone for 90mm lens, a 150mm cone is also available.
Viewfinder is (in my experience) notably less accurate than that of the Fuji
G617. 6x12 shots are achieved by installing two small, overpriced metal
clips at the film plane. Film is inverted in camera compared to other
cameras, so the image and the writing face opposite directions. The
(included) ground glass slips into a holder/slot on the back cover,
obscuring the red film counter window (no automatic stop). Focusing much
closer than the scale on the knob is possible, requiring use of ground
glass. Back is removed (a la Nikon F) to load film. No shift.

M. Denis Hill
Area 360 Communications
http://www.area360.com
360.678.8351