Re: Stereo panoramas formula

  • From: Robert Erickson <cirkut8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Stereo panoramas formula
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:52:41 -0800 (PST)

The "correct" distance between camera lens views has
long been debated and will most likely will never be
agreeded upon.

I use the easy to remember rule of thumb for shooting
stereo pairs: 1 centemeter separation = 1 foot to
subject, 10 centemeters separation = 10 feet to
subject, etc. I made a slide bar for sparating my
camera for shooting views. The bar has markings that
are marked in centimeters but represents feet to
subject. Try it, it works for all focal lengths!

:-)
Bob

--- SA Photographers <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

=====