Re: I have a crazy idea about digitizing film images.

  • From: le lostec <pano360.lelostec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: I have a crazy idea about digitizing film images.
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 19:21:45 +0100

> I am so old that I can remember way back in olden
> times when slides were copied by puting them in a
> slide duplicating rig and shooting them a camera.
>
> Has anybody tried to make a rig for shooting panorama
> transparancies with a digital camera? Seems to me that
> all that you would need is a set of close up filters?
> My Nikon 950 has through the lens center spot flash
> metering. I believe that it should work. Am I crazy?
>
> :-)
> Bob Erickson

Perhaps you are crazy but it seems a good idea : the only way to be sure
that it works is to try it .
But remember that CCD cameras don't have good results (hot spots) with long
exposure time (unlike argentic cameras which don't care) so you would need
to use a much more brighter light to illuminate slides.