Re: Noblex Warranty

If the goods were stolen, they would be identified to the local (Asian)
authorities and recovered. So they are obviously not stolen goods.

Noblex knows who is selling them in Asia, and which distributor they are
from (by serial numbers). Clearly one of their distributors legally sold
the items into grey market distribution channels in Asia, from their
original email.

Most often, this happens when the distributor is in financial difficulty,
and the manufacturer refuses to buy back excess stock (e.g., bankruptcy
sales). I used to work for a bankruptcy law firm in Texas, and this
happens a lot, often at pennies on the dollar. All those new in box goods
still enjoy a full factory warranty, regardless of selling price too ;-)

Now Noblex has a problem as there is a sudden flux of lower cost cameras
competing as grey market sales against their established dealers and
distributors. But that's their problem, not our problem as consumers.
Their angst doesn't give them any rights to retract or disclaim factory
warranties and in effect punish us as consumers for legally purchased
goods, even if they don't approve of the legal grey market sales channels.

My original point remains that any firm silly enough to raise major FUD-
uncertainty, fear, and doubt about the legitimacy and support of their
products is so anti-consumer and unsaavy in business as to raise
reasonable concerns about whether they will be in business for long. I
have been waiting for the med fmt horizon model to compare against the
Noblex, as my archived queries on this panoramic list show, but you can be
certain that I won't be buying the Noblex now...

* Robert Monaghan POB752182 Dallas Tx 75275-2182 rmonagha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  *
* Medium Format Cameras: http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/index.html megasite*