Re: Top of Building

  • From: "William G. Lea" <wglea1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Top of Building
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 23:21:33 -0600

Ops I did it again! Crashed my hard disk while trying to post reply's.
Lost
everything.

I tried to post a reply to Bruce but it hasn't shown up.

It seems clear my first post wasn't understood. Any one commenting on
the first post please either repost or e-mail me.

In any event, what I propose is to try an emulate a roundshot type
camera moving on tracks by shooting many frames and moving the tripod
incrementally as the frames are shot.  The corners of the building are
turned using a pan-head in the conventional manner.  Shoot and stitch
say
50-60 images.  Actually just calc the FOV and figure the lateral
movement required to provide lap at the desired image distance.

Narrow fields of view minimize distortion. I'd shoot the camera on its
side to maximize vertical field of view.  If that doesn't give you
enough then angle the lens and try and take out the angle effect with
Ptools. Lot of work but nothing is easy.

If the snow melts I might get around to trying it this weekend but it
will take me a week to get the film processed and scanned in so I can
play....