Re: Kodak Newsletter (IR part): leaf reflectance

  • From: "Lee Tarpley" <tarpley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Kodak Newsletter (IR part): leaf reflectance
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:10:00 -0500

> > InFocus, the Email Newsletter for Kodak.com Members
> > Oct. 10, 1999
>
> > Infrared: See the World in a Whole New Light
>
> Too bad they didn't have it proofread before sending it out....read
> and shiver:
>>Green leaves reflect
> > infrared radiation to keep plants from drying out, and thus
> > appear icy white in an infrared picture.

Yes, they really should have proofed it: I am not aware of any scientific
basis for the claim that leaves reflect VNIR to keep from drying out.

Lee Tarpley
Plant Physiologist
Plant and Soil Sciences Department
and the Remote Sensing Technologies Center
Mississippi State University
tarpley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx