Re: Hi I'm new and need help!!(private)

  • From: Mike Perkowitz <map@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Hi I'm new and need help!!(private)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:48:27 -0700

>  But its actually really simple...  The first concern is loading and
> unloading in the dark!  Complete visual AND infra red darkness!
> Honestly,
> I climb under my covers and put my film in!  Just make sure it is
> TOTALLY

i usually use a heavy sweatshirt as a changing bag :)  put the camera in
it, put it in your lap, make sure all the edges are covered, put your
hands through the sleeves. works fairly well if you're out and about too
and cant wait to get home to change the film..

> I started off using a point and shoot camera so it really doesn't
> matter
> which camera you use but make sure there are no light leaks..

ive been thinking about dedicated a point n shoot to infrared.. probably
taping red or IR filters over the lens and flash. does HIE have DX coding
on it? (ive never seen the canister since i always load it in the dark!) i
assume not. i need to figure out what setting my camera defaults to, i
guess.

mike

       map@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  ||  work: www.cs.washington.edu/homes/map/
          mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  ||  look: www.perkowitz.net/photo