Re: Hi I'm new and need help!!(private)

  • From: "David Green" <D.Green@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Hi I'm new and need help!!(private)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:12:08 +0000

From:           	Luvdove6@xxxxxxx
Date sent:      	Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:41:27 EDT
Subject:        	Re: Hi I'm new and need help!!(private)
To:             	infrared@xxxxx
Send reply to:  	infrared@xxxxx

> I've got a roll of Kokak infra red sitting in the
>  Fridge and I'm afraid to use it!!

I know how you feel!!!!  I know most people make it sound pretty
complicated!
 But its actually really simple...  The first concern is loading and
unloading in the dark!  Complete visual AND infra red darkness!
Honestly,
I climb under my covers and put my film in!  Just make sure it is
TOTALLY
dark with no light cracks anywhere  ;-)

I started off using a point and shoot camera so it really doesn't
matter
which camera you use but make sure there are no light leaks..
although
SOME would say its not necessary, if you have that little window in
the
back that shows through to your canister, cover it with black
opaque tape!

Just use a filter over the lens, red 25, 29 or an IR filter...  you can
just use the light meter with a red 25 and just shoot it automatic!
Make
sure there is plenty of sunlight....

If you want to ask questions.. you can ask me  ;-)
~Holly~

Hi Holly

Thanks very much for your help.

Looking forward to snapping a few shots.

Mind you I think I'm gona have to do a bit of
practise loading the film into me OM10
in the dark

All the best

Dave
David Green
Personnel Section
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Richmond
Surrey TW9 3AB          Tel: 0181 332 5153
England                 Fax: 0181 332 5110