New Member of the Mailing List

  • From: "Chris Niesmertelny" <chris_nies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New Member of the Mailing List
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:13:14 EDT

Greetings:

My name is Chris Niesmertelny and I work as a manager for a
property/casualty insurance company in the United States.  I have always
been interested in photography but within the last year I have taken my
hobby from an merely an inclination to a passion.  I shoot anything I can
(to the consternation of my wife) but try to do landscapes, extreme macro
and nudes (also to the consternation of my wife!).  I have used Konica 750
and Ilford SFX 200 and prefer the Konica.  I will try HIE soon, but have
been put off by various sources saying it is difficult to work with.  I have
just started processing my own film (35mm only) and use D-76 and XTOL.  I
intend to build a darkroom in the basement (much to the increasing
consternation of my wife).  I shoot with Pentax primarily, manual focus, but
own a lovely little Kodak Retina Auto III and a Yashica Electro that serve a
purpose on occasion.  I discovered this list at first by merely searching
for links on i/r, and recently the site was mentioned in Shutterbug
Magazine.  I do not have a website yet, but as soon as I do I will certainly
put some i/r photos on it!

Regards and Best Wishes to All!

Chris