Changing bags, zippers, etc.

  • From: Joshua_Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Changing bags, zippers, etc.
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

Since I'm the one who mentioned making my own changing bag
before, I'll add a bit more.

It's not much work if you're used to sewing anyway, and I sew
much of my own outdoor gear, so a simple changing bag was only a
half-hour project.

One reason it was so quick is that I didn't use a zipper at all.
I made a rolled closure, like an Ortlieb or similar dry bag.
It's a foolproof closure that takes a little longer to use than a
zipper, but will never jam, since it's just a length of nylon
webbing with a fastex buckle.

If you aren't familiar with rolled closures, it's a lot easier to
look at one than try to explain it -- I expect the Recreational
Equipment Inc web page www.rei.com has pictures of dry bags
on-line, as would any good kayaking or boating catalog.

--

 Josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx  is  Joshua Putnam / P.O. Box 13220 / Burton, WA 98013
                       "My other bike is a car."