RE: Infrared-Digest V #484 IR Laser

  • From: Mike Perkowitz <map@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Infrared-Digest V #484 IR Laser
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:14:00 -0800

> hllograms?  And....would the HIE film be of sufficient fine grain to be
> able to record the interference patterns on it?

my guess would be not.. when i once did some holography, we used very
fine-grained and slow film. sorry, i dont recall what it was.

mike

> Dan C.
>
> At 09:33 AM 03-11-99 -0500, Mike Basel wrote:
> >A tunable Nitrogen laser which will allow you to get many visible and IR
> >wavelengths will run around $10K. You could also check out Scientific
> >American and they have articles on how to build your own Nitrogen laser.
> >THe Nitrogen emits at 337nm and "pumps" a dye to obtain the wavelength(s)
> >your looking for....just a thought.
> >Neil

She was wearing a red and green guardsman stripe dressing gown gloriously
too large. Her hair was down, warming her neck and shoulders, falling
forward on to the table-cloth in wires of light. There was a dangerously
electrical quality about Louise. I worried that the steady flame she
offered might be fed by a current far more volatile. Superficially she
seemed serene, but beneath her control was a crackling power of the kind
that makes me nervous when I pass pylons.
        	-- from "Written on the Body", Jeanette Winterson
       map@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  ||  work: www.cs.washington.edu/homes/map/
          mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  ||  look: www.perkowitz.net/photo
              mike perkowitz  ||  hear: www.mp3.com/perkowitz