Kodak to discontinue HSI?

  • From: "Keith Davison" <keith.davison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Kodak to discontinue HSI?
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:33:34 -0000

I was just checking the latest price on 4x5 sheet HSI with my local supplier
when he added that Kodak intended to discontinue this product.  When the
convulsions subsided I questioned further, he said that a date for
discontinuation had not been set yet, but it was flagged on their stock list
and that it "would be soon".

Has anyone heard anything to confirm this?

Considering that Kodak have recently admitted that they have problems with
emulsion coating on HSI sheet, perhaps they have decided it is too much
trouble to correct and withdrawal of product is a cheaper fix.
I am still fuming over the withdrawal of Royal Gold 25, please tell me that my
supplier has been misinformed!

Keith