What's Kodak's manufacturing cycle like for IR 70mm films?

  • From: "Rolland Elliott" <rolland_elliott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: What's Kodak's manufacturing cycle like for IR 70mm films?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:09:43 EST

I've been having some problems with buying Kodak 70mm film lately.  I bought
2 rolls of the 70mm x 150 feet rolls a couple of months ago and it was
shortdated to expire in January of 2000.  More recently I bought an
additional two rolls that also expire in January of 2000, which is just a
month away.  If I'm going to pay over $200 dollars a roll for this stuff I
think it should at least have a reasonable expiration date maybe a year
away.

At any rate I complained to Unique Photo, and they called Kodak and Kodak
supposedly told them that this film's expiration date is always fairly short
and is usually only about 4 months into the future.  Kodak also supposedly
says that their next batch isn't until March of 2000.  Which is rather
strange because then they'd be selling expired film from January to March of
2000. What makes it ever stranger is that I'm almost positive that I've
gotten 70mm bulk rolls that have an expiration date a year off into the
future.

I know there are only a handfull of 70mm users on this list, but I was
hoping someone might be able to spread some light on the situation.

Thanks Rolland