Hot damn! It was the lab!

  • From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Hot damn! It was the lab!
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 20:47:39 -0500 (CDT)

I've shot maybe a dozen rolls of HIE in the past year, and had yet to
have a roll come back from the lab (pro lab. said they were very
familiar with IR film, etc.) without at least minor striping from
being exposed to IR while in the cannister. While I'll have to take
my share of the blame (I didn't discover for the first few rolls that
my changing bag isn't IR proof), I suspected the lab wasn't being as
careful as they should.

But tonight I developed my first roll myself. It's still too damp to
say how well I did developing the film, but one thing was immediately
clear - NO LIGHT STRIPES!

I wish I'd started developing my own B&W a long time ago...

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel				bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peach Orchard, MO					http://www.beancotton.com/bbbean.shtml