Re: camera info

  • From: Robert Erickson <cirkut8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: camera info
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:58:59 -0800 (PST)

IMHO- the SpinShot is a childs toy, not to be
considered by any serious photographer! I have seen
some spectacular images taken with Lookaround cameras,
but I wonder how reliable it is due to the human
drive.

LarScan homebuilts are a proven award winning design,
if you are handy in the workshop. They can be built
for under $100 worth of easy to find parts. Why
everyone doesn't build one is beyond me. The only
special tool needed to build one is a drill press,
available under $100. I have made dozens of LarScans
for others and can build one start to finish in about
16 hours. (My first one took three months. Most of the
time was spent worrying about what could go wrong)

If you want to be a serious 360 photographer, I would
recomend, still the state of the art Cirkut cameras,
that are available in working condition in the $1,200
range. A new fine Swiss built Roundshot 35/35 for
$1750 has got to be a "BEST BUY". If you don't want to
build a LarScan, then spend the bucks and buy one!

Just one person's opinion.

Bob Erickson

=====
Robert Erickson, cirkut8@xxxxxxxxx