Spinshot info continues!

  • From: "George S. Pearl, BCEP, FEPIC, BCQDE, QPP" <alps007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Spinshot info continues!
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 13:23:05 -0500

On  8 Jan 00 at 12:48, George S. Pearl, BCEP, FEPIC, wrote:

Funny, I had a Spinshot for a number of years and never had to use a dark
bag to rewind the film or anything else. It was quite easy as a matter of
fact. I think you were making the mistake of not removing the rubber o-ring
from the pulley before attempting to rewind. If you don't slip off the
o-ring, then you will have lots of problems such as you speak about. The
camera is something that is impossible to break. It is guaranteed forever
anyway if there is a problem. I had lots of fun using the camera around lots
of people when I would quickly whip the thing out, hold it up, pull the cord
to let it spin around, and then quickly whip it back into the camera bag
once again before they knew what hit them! It was always a big hit! Since
the camera was so light and quick to use, it was a fun thing to always have
with you. I used it on several jobs with good results. (Happy clients) The
actual images are sort of like shooting with a throwaway camera, but
resolution isn't everything. Some of the coolest pictures that I had shot
with the camera were from the center of a swimming pool, and up in a
helicopter. It isn't like a Roundshot 35 / 35S, but you get what you pay
for! It was originally made for news reporters who might need a quick
panorama for a story. In the newspaper the quality of this camera is just
fine. It was matched perfectly for the job you see. If you try to make
anything more of it than that, then this camera is not for you!

George S. Pearl, QPP
Atlanta Panorama