RE: camera info

  • From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@xxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: camera info
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 17:08:27 +0100

On 17 Dec 99 at 11:50, Canavan, Michael wrote:

> On the Spinshot.
> I don't think I am biased with my opinion about the spinshot.  Relevant
> information can only really come from people who have used the camera.

Let me add my experiences....;-))
(I traded a new 202 for a Spinshot....haven't regretted it yet)

> I just think it is fine for *nonprofessionals* only.

See it as the LOMO camera for pano-freaks....results can be quite
interesting, but indeed hardly commercial....if only because a 10cm
tall print is the most quality you are going to get from it (but at a
full 360 swing, who cares (often nearly twice that, so you can even pick the
best composition (read: start & end)).

> There is little flexibility with this camera.
> You get an F11 only, with 1/500 or less.

400 ASA in bright sunlight is mandatory....

> Shutter speed is not easily controllable.

I would say not at all, unless you can control the cord slipping back
into the clockwork....

> You need to add a spirit level.

It has one on the bottom, works perfectly once you mount it on a
tall monopod.

> But it is a fun little camera if you are interested in the fun aspect.
> It could be frustrating for professional usage.

If only for the loading procedure (unloading in the dark).

Anyone ever tried to increase the slit width, to increase shutter
time? Or would that introduce to much focus fuzziness, since the film
is curved at that spot?
Banding ought to decrease with wider slits, not?

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

      The desire to understand