banding answers

  • From: Clayton Tume <tume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: banding answers
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:29:32 +1200

>  When the motor runs irregularly, you get banding

>  With my cirkut work,
> slow has always been better except when using original spring motors at
the
> slowest speed.  Then the power of the spring is dampened by the governor
so
> much that there is very little power to run the camera smoothly.

Ron.....I've been chasing banding problems on my camera for a
while......they're ALMOST gone but can be seen very faintly in the midtones.

Question!

How do I determine if my spring motor is sick?

I'm using a #8 outfit.....I've used a #10 which had lots more spring power
than mine, it would easily rip the trailer tape off the spool.....mine just
stops.

Clayton