Re: Quality of prints from digital files on photo paper

  • From: Curt Miller <cmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Quality of prints from digital files on photo paper
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:21:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Curt Miller wrote:

 Hi Bill -

 I really do have high hopes for digital for the future.  The costs are
 high right now but will come down.  I think digital and silver will be
 parallel media in the future.  What really galls me is the arrogance of
 some of these folks like the rest of us are hiding under a rock.  I live
 with computers by day and have - nearly full-time - for 16 years, doing
 such things as mutivariate simultaneous equations and inferential
 statistics.  I had the head of our computer department the other day say
 "computers will NEVER replace film."  Even I wouldn't say that.

 Quite frankly, unless digital becomes better AND cheaper than silver, I'm
 inclined to spend my nights and weekends bathed in the soft yellow light
 of the darkroom.

 Regards,
 Curt