Re: Love your place!

Dirk,

FYI, the main website for IAPP is www.panphoto.com and not www.photopan.com. IAPP also has a companion website at http://iapp.myassociation.com.

Thanks,
Richard
IAPP Secretary /Treasurer

>>> alps007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/14 6:45 PM >>>
Dear Dirk,

   I just saw your post on the list, and noticed that you work at one of my very favorite places in the whole world: the
Museum of Science and Industry
Chicago, Illinois
     Do you think your msi officers to be would be interested in making a panorama exhibit? We at IAPP would surely have members willing to give you much help with the exhibit. It would be so cool to perhaps see a big Curkit Camera rotating around and watching the film go by in the opposite direction. Maybe have a digital panorama camera photographing the entire room and displaying a new big image every couple of minutes. People would get to see themselves someplace in the room each time the camera goes around. We could have huge panoramas blown up that people could walk inside of and look all around 360 degrees. You could show VR and objects spinning around...just all sorts of stuff. Did you know there is 3-D panorama photography?!!! Aerial too. Panorama is the "in thing" now. See www.photopan.com for the International Association of Panoramic Photographers. There needs to be an exhibit on this specialized form of photography as it is over 100 years old and still cooking. Most people don't properly understand it. When you talk about panorama, they think THEY can do that just as good with their little point and shoot camera in the "panoramic mode". These folks need to see just how inadequate what they are doing really is!
    You have the power to make things happen there by dropping a few lines in the right direction. What do you think?
My best,
George S. Pearl, QPP
Atlanta Panorama