Re: fisheye lens for medium format

  • From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: fisheye lens for medium format
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:26:31 -0500

steve trumpets the 24 mamiya and michael the 30mm hasselblad lens, claiming
respective superiority from comparisons. no one has mentioned the 35mm
pentax lens for the 67.  while i have compared both on rollfilm to the
pentax which as good as either of these these in their natural habitats.
Its
advantage on 45 is that the circle is a perfect match for 4" dimension,
demonstraby better for blowups becuase of larger image size and larger
circle. also has no shade.  I have inserted at least ten of these in
ilex 5 shutters mostly for fine art and landscape photographers, this
shutter has much larger opening than copal 3 & also is a self-cocking
rimset. about half the 45 fisheyes that i made up were w/graflex xl spacers,
all using lens standards matching the photogaphers system camera . an
elcheapo setup is the revolving cambo universal 45 back itself, no standard
necessary. I have ilex 5's available and can supply dimension of front and
back openings, depth etc.