Re: fisheye lens for medium format

ralph wrote:

> steve trumpets the 24 mamiya and michael the 30mm hasselblad lens, claiming
> respective superiority from comparisons

I have not tested the 30mm Zeiss, I was curious about a direct
comparison with the 24mm Mamiya. I am not claiming the 24mm is better
than the Zeiss. The thing that makes the 24mm stand out for me is that
its angle of view comes very close to 190 degrees (I measured this
carefully). This is of great value for VR imaging if you want to shoot
just two images to make up a sphere. The other "180" fisheyes I have
tried including the 37mm Mamiya, 30mm Arsat, 16mm Nikkor, 7.5mm Nikkor,
8mm (f2.8) Nikkor, Sigma 8mm, all have little image to offer over 180.
It would be interesting to accurately measure the angle of view of the
Pentax and Zeiss lenses on 4x5.

Cya
Steve