Re: lens test, advice

Rudolf KLEIN wrote:

> Is there any test results for the Heliar 12mm?Is the
> Heliar 15mm lens good in terms of distorsio? I am an
> architect and this is a crucial feature. I would
> appreciate very much if you could answer my
> question. Prof. Rudolf KLEIN

Regarding the 12mm Heliar. The Dec. Shutterbug has a good
article and rates it very well. They do say that the lens is
sharpest wide open at f/5.6 or f/8 and should be stopped
down only when neccesary for more depth of field, which
would be rare. They also mention that there is inevitably
true wide angle distortion, where solid objects near the
edge of the picture are pulled out of shape and the camera
should be leveled carefully.

Rod S.