new digital pan camera

  • From: Clayton Tume <tume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: new digital pan camera
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:58:32 +1300

Any you guys or girls seen/used/bought one of these digital cameras?

Looking at the specs it's probably out of my price range.

Just done a job that was perfect for a stitched digital pan. I shot it with my Cirkut camera, 500mm lens, 160 degree pan.....the neg was just under 5 feet long.

The shot was a 2 long buildings, owner and equipment, cars trucks vans out the front, me across the other side of a busy 4 lane road waiting and waiting and waiting for a break in the traffic. Took 5 shots and the best I got was 5 blurred cars in it and of course the client wants them all out. Now I've got to convert it to a digital file and do some clean up.....it would have been sooooo easy to do it with an ordinary digital camera, shoot between the traffic and stitch it all together, would have saved lots of time.

Thinking about buying the Nikon 990 just for jobs like this, Bob E. I can see why you moved over to digital.

Clayton