Testing Focal Lengths of Lenses

  • From: George Pearl <alps007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Testing Focal Lengths of Lenses
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 19:30:27 -0500

Hello Roundshot VR camera owners!
    I have made tentative special arrangements with an optical testing company to test lens focal lengths for us once every 3 months at a price of $50.00 per lens. It doesn't matter what kind of lens you send or how big of a lens. You will receive the effective focal length of each lens back in return with your lenses unharmed. We are looking for this to take about a week or so per session as long as you give us your Fed-X number for shipping / insurance.

    My question to the group is if any of you are interested in having this done, and how many lenses you would want tested. If I could give the testing lab some kind of idea of the amount of lens testing we would want, they will tell me for sure if they want to provide this service for us. What they do NOT want to do is to have to unpack and pack 20 different boxes coming from all over the world. They have requested that I receive all lenses and then pack them into one case for shipment to them. They in turn will test all lenses in the case and return all of them to me at one time. I in turn will reship all of the lenses to where they go. You will provide me with a pre-addressed Fed-X label and a check made out to the optical company for payment of the services. As long as I have pre-addressed labels, I shouldn't have any problem with repacking you lenses and having Fed-X come get um from me.

    Please answer me directly at ALPS007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If any of you have someone who can professionally test our lenses for any cheaper than this, please lets hear from you!

I have 10 different lenses to test, and don't like the idea of shooting lots of film and looking at tree branches off in the distance on rolls and rolls of film. Why not just get the exact Focal Length from someone who does that sort of thing, and be done with it?!!!

My best,
George S. Pearl, BCQDE, BCEP, FEPIC, QPP
President,
Atlanta Legal Photo Services, Inc. , dba:
ALPS - Evidence & Photo
2139 Liddell Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324-4132

Tel: 404/872-2577
National: 1-800-USE-ALPS
Fax: 404/872-0548
Home: 404/634-1139
Cell: 404/771-9121
ALPS Website: "http://www.ALPSLABS.com"
Atlanta Panorama is a division of ALPS...
"http://www.AtlantaPanorama.com"