Re: followup was Re: NOBLEX cameras without warranty

  • From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: followup was Re: NOBLEX cameras without warranty
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:14:09 -0500

while i would hope robert managhan is correct, i have considerable doubts
about his assurances.  years ago when they had the hot  photo items leica
and nikon did not just refuse to service anything brought
into this country by anyone other than their appointed importers. at customs
they insisted that the name leica and nikon be scratched off. they did not
abandon this defacing of gorgeous cameras becuase of any law forbidding it.
they soon realized that no one was going to buy thousands of dollars of
auxilaary lenses for a scratched up camera body.  i very much suspect that
the law that allowed this horrific defacing still exists but is not enforded
because it backfires on the importer.