Re: neg scans

  • From: Marco Pauck <pauck@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: neg scans
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:39:46 +0100

> Trevor & Brigid Veale wrote:
>
> Can anybody tell me of their results from scanning panorama negs on a flatbed scanner back projection or what ever. I am looking
> for a unit that will give a quality result for printing ( not web use ). I have an LS 2000 but find it difficult to get even
> result when doing multiple 35 mm scans, when one side of the image has a bright highlight like sand.

I've got good results with the similar LS-20. The key point
to get exactly the same exposure settings for the two scans
of my Horizon's images was to use Nikon's own software not
Silverfast! The later may have many advantages but I didn't
manage to disable all the contra-productive build-in
'intelligence' ...

I doubt that you will get the same quality from an average
flatbed scanner, especially if your target is the print
medium.

	Marco
--
Marco Pauck -- marco@xxxxxxxx -- http://www.pauck.de/marco/
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,