Re: Noblex cameras

  • From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@xxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Noblex cameras
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 04:39:02 +0100

On 18 Dec 00 at 16:14, Andy Buck wrote:

> I've used the 150 with shift & focus and agree about
> the shift: it's so little it's hardly worth it (and
> why I had a 5" 360 w/1" shift made).

The Horizon 205PC was designed with 10mm shift, twice that of the
Noblex....8-))

> also, 150 vs 175
> is odd because the 175 actually has a narrower angle
> of view: 138 degrees horizontally vs 146 degrees with
> the 150, and obviously less vertically, since it's a
> 75mm lens vs 50mm with the 150.

Plausible because it's a compromise in the same body/chassis....might
have been different if they designed it from scratch (but that would
make the price even steeper!).

> only other comment is that the lens (on the 150) is
> one of the sharpest I've ever seen and, I've heard,
> the sharpest currently availble on any camera and
> possibly made by zeiss.

I am not so sure the current Noblar is made by Zeiss....the very
first models had Tessar lenses, and are claimed to be better than the
later Noblar's....
See my homepage for some historical notes from Marc James Small, and
a reply from John Noble III:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/nobl_his.htm

--
Bye,