Re: MACO INFRARED FILM IR820c

  • From: "Tim Rudman" <tim.rudman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: MACO INFRARED FILM IR820c
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:09:08 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <infrared@xxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 3:10 PM

> At 10:41 am +0000 24/11/99, Tim Rudman wrote:
>
> >I have been watching this thread about Maco film with interest.
> >Group members may be interested in some of their other products too (I
have
> >no commercial interest in Maco or Hans O'Mahn).
> >When I was putting together my lith printing book they brought out a huge
> >range of about 15 new B&W papers in the UK, + a lith developer +
toners --
> >quite an impressive range.
> >I just had time to test some with regard to lith printing and toning
before
> >the book went to press, and they are useful for those in the group who I
> >know are interested in lith printing. Good lith effects with no pepper
> >fogging
> >They were arranging distribution in the US through Cachet
> >Tim Rudman
>

> Tim,
>
> Had a long chat to Hans O'Mahn and co. this morning regarding various
> products including lith papers and developers.  Am considering stocking
> O'Mahn papers, films and chemicals for distribution in the UK by CoCam
> Photo.
>
> Your name was mentioned by O'Mahn as someone who has tested their range of
> lith products.  Will have to pick up your book again when I get home.
What
> was the characteristic range of colours obtained using their papers and
> lith developer?
>

> All the best,

The Maco Expo R series (RR,RN,RF)  lith prints very well - similar to
Sterling Premium Lith in colour but a touch pinker - rather like Sterling
before they did whatever it was they say they never did. It also doesn't
have pepper fogging - which of course only developed on Sterling when the
change that never happened, happened.
There is one on P 39 which shows the soft tonal range alongside the deep
contrasty blacks of a 'good' lith print.
I would have liked to include a lot more but it only arrived as the book was
about to go to press.
Tones well in gold too -( summary on P.115)
Their lith dev also works very well.
Tim