Re: developing HIE in d-76

  • From: Magnus Slayde <magnus13@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: developing HIE in d-76
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 20:55:59 -0500

The problem they mean with T-Max developer being too hot, is that it's
chemical activity is too high, d7-6 works really well. A better formulation
of d-76 is to take your standard d-76 stocksolution and add a chemical
called liquid orthrazite, liquid orthrazite is a mixture of pottasium
bromide and benzotriazazole, these are restraing agents that don't affect
film speed, this improved mix gives me a finer grain to my HIE, and my
SFX-200 films. You might want to get teh book called, "THE DARKROOM
COOKBOOK" by Stephen G. Anchell, they have all sorts of formulas for
developers, and fully describe how each develpoer differs from others, and
what different additives do to the developers.