Re: bergger 5" roll film

>Andy, Ron
>
>I did a workshop a couple of months ago and the Bergger USA man was there as
>they supplied all sheet film and paper for the workshop. I had a discussion
>with him about roll film and he said no problem but not for Cirkut cameras.
>They can't supply it on a thin enough base, he said the same question has
>been asked many times and the reply is always the same.
>
>I use Kodak aerial film which is always easy to get in 5" and 9 1/2" rolls,
>Ilford also makes the same stuff if you prefer their emulsions. Aerial film
>has slightly different characteristics to conventional film with extended
>red sensitivity which helps to cut through haze. This can be helpful with
>scenic work and generally I've found the film quite adequate for the work I
>do.
>
>Clayton
>

>>  Andy:
>>
>>  It would be wise to know the thickness of the film base.  I think of sheet
>  > film as being too thick to work in cameras like the cirkut.
>  >
>  > Ron Klein

The 5" aerial film works well with rotating cameras. I've used it.
Some other options are checking in with ilford. They have bigger
minimum orders than Bergger, But a lot smaller than Kodak. And you
can get it on the roll film base. By the way , Bergger is a good
source for fiber base roll B&W paper.
At the moment someone is looking into getting some film from foma for
me. Wee have to see if it's ok or not first. I've finally got my #16
cirkut camera going ( had to have a ring gear made, find a lense,
gears, tripod, etc ) and am looking forward to finding some
relatively reasonable film for it.
Jamie