RE: Quality of prints from digital files on photo paper

  • From: "Xiong, Zonghou" <Zonghou.Xiong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Quality of prints from digital files on photo paper
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:09:59 +1100

I think it is important to say the advantages of digital photography are
digital manipulations on a computer.  You achieve this either by
film+scanner
or by a digital camera.  Having seen a few local people struggling selling
fine
art photos using digital cameras,  I wouldn't recommend this option.  The
advantage of digital cameras is speed, not image quality. One photo
journalist
I met thought everybody was using Nikon D1 at the Olympics.  However, for
fine
art prints, a cheap point & shoot plus a consumer scanner would beat D1.

Zonghou Xiong