Re: OT: But an incredible panorama image...

  • From: Rod Sage <rsage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: OT: But an incredible panorama image...
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:38:26 -0700

Joe McCary wrote:

>   And I thought it wasn't possibl;e to shoot panotramas at night :-)
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg
>
> This link is worth a few moments of your time.  It is perhaps the most
> amazing compoite image I have ever seen.
>
> Joe McCary

Something tells me that this isn't a true photographic rendering. I think
it's a composite using population density and speculation. For example
India is totally lit up (high population with little electricity). Eastern
Colorado to Wichita should be almost black. Same with Iowa. What's that
bright light in northern Alaska? And there must be some huge ocean liners
in the oceans.

Rod S.