Re: Maco thought

  • From: pauck@xxxxxx (Marco Pauck)
  • Subject: Re: Maco thought
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:32:25 +0100 (MEZ)

> While reading the page describing the new Maco IR film I noticed that the
> anti-halation coating was water soluble and had to be removed prior to
> processing.  This led to the thought that, for those wanting the halo effect, it
> should be possible, if risky, to pull out the entire length of the unexposed
> film (in the dark of course) carefully soak it for a minute or so and then let
> it dry before rewinding into the cassette.  Naturally 4x5 should be even
> easier.  The 120 will be more of a problem but not insolvable I think.  The mere
> idea of a 120 IR film is exciting enough to make one surmount all obstacles.

Right, washing before exposure was suggested by the MACO folks while
talking about the pro & cons of the anti-halation layer.

However, I would prefer to choose from two alternative confections
right out of the factory instead of messing with the film in the dark.

	Marco
--
Marco Pauck - WMD GmbH Hamburg, Germany - http://www.pauck.de/marco/
e-mail: marco@xxxxxxxx, phone: +49-40-58958-120, fax: +49-40-58958-199