Re: Jamies #16

>Jamie.......keep us informed, I'd love to try a #16 one day.
>
>Did you try the #16 on a #10 tripod before you had a new tripod made? I hear
>a #10 works ok on a #6 tripod, allows you to drop the bed and shoot wide
>angle without catching the bed in the photo. Obviously stability could be an
>issue

NO I didn't. Dont think it would fit. Plus the gearhead is a
different design. The wheels are on the camera body. There is no need
for a secondary turntable.
  The tripod legs on the 16 are the same as the legs for the #10.
Anyway I'm not real big on ultra wide rotating pans, at least taking them.
I like longer lenses for most of my subject matter, and a 15" lense
is pretty wide on a #16 camera. I shoot mostly a 12" lense on my #8 ,
along with the 19" rear element. I have my #10 set up with a 24"
artar, which I'll use on the 16 as well.I'm setting the #16 up to use
the 15/24/36 t-r and the 24" artar. I'm keeping a lookout for a cheap
35" artar, if I can find one. The 12" lense on the 8 would work out
to a 24" lense on the 16.

>Did you buy the #8 tripod head on ebay? I was surprised it went for so much.

Yeah I probably paid "too much" but try to go out and have one made.
At that rate it was a bargain.If you can find one for sale.  I got
good prices on the 16 gear head, and it was still expensive.

>Clayton

  I'll let you know how it goes as I get it going. It seems to run
pretty well around the gearhead, a good sign. Jamie